BEEVET Animal Hospital understands the joys and challenges of traveling with your pet. Traveling with your companion requires preparation and planning to ensure his or her safety and health during the trip. For a flat fee, our veterinary team can help you procure both domestic and international travel health certificates for your pet.
Domestic Pet Travel
Air travel with your pet can be fun and exciting for both of you. We are here to support you and to ensure the health, safety, and eligibility of your pet to travel by plane. At a minimum, a current health certificate and proof of vaccination are required. Health certificates must be issued within 10 days of your flight and are valid for 1 month. Specific air travel requirements vary by airline and can change without notice, we recommend contacting the airline for specific information. Other common considerations include:
- Temperature – ambient temperature at departure and arrival location for pets transported in cargo
- Pet carrier requirements – size, shape, bedding, and water
- Health document requirements – health certificate and vaccination documentation
- Security screening and check-in procedures
International Pet Travel
International pet travel requires planning and experience. To ensure your pet will not be placed in quarantine upon your arrival, please allow 6 months to complete the international pet travel process. We can help ensure your pet has the required documentation, vaccinations, microchip, and blood testing. We will comply with airline and country of origin requirements. Additional common considerations include:
- Airline carrier – requirements for health documentation, pet crate specifications, and eligibility
- Requirements of the country of origin
- Requirements of the destination country
- Work with the state veterinarian for required documents, pet passports, or permits required to travel
- United States Department of Agriculture—Traveling with Your Pet
"I just wanted to extend my gratitude and thanks for helping me get my fur baby, "Mr. Prince," to the UK. All went well and was so excited to hear everything was perfect from Customs, as there were many people having problems at the pet reception center at Heathrow airport!!! Many thanks to Dr. Chow, and Laura !!! Many thanks, y'all rock !!! — M.A. Pena Jr.
Additional information can be found in our resources area. Please contact us to schedule a pet travel health exam. As always, we are here to answer any questions you may have about this process.